Tuesday, May 6, 2008

2008 May 7

My grandchildren have inspired me to write a blog. I prefer to call it a journal or just log. I never remember where the "B" in blog came from. Hopefully as I use this more and more I will learn to post pictures and sounds as well as written words. For my journal, it was my habit to write an open letter to all my children, but they rarely responded so I didn't know whether the time was worth it. This time I think I will just journalize for myself and if you all happen to read it sometime then it will be worth it. It occurs to me that most journals seem to be more valuable in a hundred or two hundred years after they are written. I have started journals many times, but I have great difficulty remembering to make daily entries. It will be interesting to see if this is any different.

It is 6 am now and I have to get ready for work. As I finish my raisins and oatmeal, which is my daily breakfast, I will make a few notes. Yesterday my AP Statistics students took the AP Exam. It will count as their final exam so I expect some lamentations in class today. Usually, on Monday, Wednesday , and Saturday, I go to Kendo class. But today I will just come home and read as I pulled my left Achilles tendon last Friday in Kendo class and Saturday morning the doctor gave me crutches and told me to stay off of it for two weeks. TWO WEEKS without a sword fight!? Oh my this is terrible. How will I ever make it? What can I do for exercise when I can not use my left leg?

1 comment:

Keri Kemp said...

Blogs are especially fun because people can and will comment on them. Keri and i will try and figure out some exercises you can do with just one leg. And let you know later. Write more. Blogs are so much fun!:)
Cait


How did you pull your leg in that class? did you kick in the air and pull it that way? :) like your blog so far! me and my mom were exsited to see you have a blog!
Keri