Thursday, May 8, 2008

2008 May 8

Today was a great day. I took my geometry classes outside to measure the height of a four-story building and several telephone poles on the school grounds as an exercise in indirect measurement using similar triangles. Most of them did very well. It was one of those perfect spring days with hazy sunshine so it was almost too warm in the sunshine and just perfect in the shade. So I supervised from under a shade tree. :-)

The only difficulty was I am still stumping around on crutches and will be for another week. During kendo practice I was running forward and turned around 180 degrees too fast and came down on the toes of my left foot and all my momentum reversed through the Achilles' tendon and it stretched and felt like it popped. Fortunately it didn't break, but it sure felt like it did, very, very painful. But I iced it overnight and took it to the doctor Saturday morning and he's told me I was lucky nothing really was broken or torn very much but I should stay off of it for two weeks and gave me a pair crutches and showed me how to wrap it everyday. So I will suffer through.

I lay down on my back while watching television tonight and did every motion I can think of for about an hour while watching American Idol. Leg lifts, setups, arm crosses, each in half a dozen forms, I even tried bicycling in the air. But the blood rushed to my head for that one and I decided it was a really bad thing so I quit.

1 comment:

Keri Kemp said...

i did the same thing today in my math class! thats so cool!
oh so thats how you 'broke' it?
get better! today at resse my friend have cruchs and she let us try them,i wouldnt now want to have them! :)
keri